As the PRACTICE MANAGEMENT 2017 conference comes to a close, 2017 federal reporting requirements were front and center. All speakers were in consensus that anesthesia providers and practices must begin looking at how they will satisfy the newly published reporting requirements for 2017. For all the current details on the Medicare Access and CHIP Re-authorization Act (MACRA) and the two reporting pathways check out this post here. For those providers and groups reporting via the Merit Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), below are 10 steps to ensure MIPS success.
- Familiarize yourself with program and review the details of each performance category;
- Set a goal for participation for this transitional year;
- Identify if and how many providers in your group meet the exemption criteria;
- Work with your abeo client service manager to determine what classifications apply to you and your fellow providers;
- Non-patient facing
- Hospital based
- Determine if you will report individually or as a group;
- Select your quality measures and reporting method;
- Review the list of available improvement activities and select the ones that best apply to your practice;
- Update any EMR or collection forms with new quality measures;
- Educate your peers on activities and measures the group will be reporting for 2017; and
- Lastly monitor reporting rates, educate poor reporting providers, and repeat as necessary.
Read highlights from the keynote speaker here.