As an owner or manager of a surgery center, it is important you understand how your business is performing. As a key individual in an in house billing department, it is important you understand how your department is performing in comparison to other surgery centers across the nation. Today, surgery centers and their providers are faced with a myriad of challenges – everything from reimbursement pressures, declines in patient volume, physician retention, to increased regulation and uncertainties in our healthcare system.
As a result of current and future obstacles facing you it is imperative that you take a long, hard look at your business and understand what can be done to improve performance and profitability. abeo leverages the data, knowledge, and expertise that comes from working millions of transactions annually to create an objective billing and documentation assessment. Understanding how your surgery center is performing and comparing it to others nationwide is essential to making informed business decisions.
What the Process Entails
abeo basic Surgery Center Business Assessments are confidential and provided at no-cost. Our process entails;
- analysis of your current documentation process,
- review of current coding procedures and accounts to verify case coding accuracy,
- verification of cases for correct payment by insurance carriers,
- general review of your current major payor PPO terms and fees,
- audit of current patient and payor follow-up processes, and
- compliance tracking for issues and resolutions.
What Information is Required
We understand your business information is confidential. abeo always initiates and signs a non-disclosure agreement. A detailed list of information needed regarding your business operations and performance is necessary to deliver a comprehensive abeo Surgery Center Business Assessment. We are happy to explain why each piece of information is necessary. We respect the fact you may not always be able to provide what we ask and will educate you on what may be absent or potentially skewed in the event of missing information.
What Will A Surgery Center Business Assessment Reveal
Whether an assessment reveals minor areas for improvement or significant loss in revenue, it’s an essential step to improving profitability and making business decisions. We have learned there are always surprises through our experience conducting business assessments on in house, local and national billing company operations. A typical abeo Surgery Center Business Assessment will include the following elements;
- overview of your current situation including general observations and findings,
- audit of coding, billing, collections, claims follow-up, and payment processing,
- detailed findings report that includes error rates, revenue impact, cost structure detail, and compliance issues
- comparisons with best practices, industry benchmarking and areas for improvement.